Cafetto Evo espresso machine cleaner - 35oz / 1 kg. Also available in a 17.5oz / 500g size. The first espresso machine cleaner to be certified by an organic certification body.
Keep it clean. Keep it green.
Balancing the cleaning function for your espresso machine with the ability to protect the flavour and quality of organic coffee is a real concern. Cafetto addresses that issue with its Evo espresso machine cleaner. Evo complies with OMRI (the Organic Materials Review Institute) standards for the USDA National Organic Program.
Simple to use! If back-flushing each delivery group daily:
1) Remove the coffee filter from the group handle and swap it out for the "blind" filter.
2) For daily cleaning, add 1 level scoop of Evo Espresso Machine Cleaner into the group handle. Insert as if brewing a shot of espresso. NB: if machine is cleaned less often, use 2 scoops.
3) Start the cycle and allow to run for 10 seconds to dissolve cleaner; stop the cycle and allow to sit for another 10 seconds.
4) Start and stop the cycle 4 more times, running each for 10 seconds and stopping for 10 seconds.
5) Remove the group handle and rinse well under hot water from the delivery group. Turn off.
6) Re-insert handle with blind filter to rinse. Start and stop the cycle 10 times - run for 5 seconds, stop for 2 seconds, ensuring a thorough rinsing. Remove the blind filter and re-insert regular filter.
7) Brew and discard a single espresso to re-season the machine.
For daily cleaning of filters and group handles:
Soak the group handles and filters in 500ml/17.6oz of hot water mixed with 2 scoops of Evo Espresso Machine Cleaner for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly in running hot water.
To see the cleaner in action, this video clip shows a helpful step by step look at the process: